HOME > STUDENTS > School Rules & Regulations
School Rules & Regulations
Code of Conduct
Every Vistarian is expected to be a responsible and independent student with a positive attitude towards school, work, and the community. The following code of conduct should be remembered at all times:
- Be well-behaved, courteous and helpful.
- Take pride in wearing the school uniform.
- Engage in constructive work quietly even without supervision.
- Respect school property and the environment. Keep the school premises clean.
- Maintain equipment in good condition and keep after use.
- Move quietly and in an orderly manner from one place to another within the school.
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform. Modification (eg. tapering of pants, shortening of culottes) to the uniform is strictly not allowed. The name tag and school badge must be worn with the school uniform at all times.
- The school uniform must be purchased from the school bookshop. The school uniform must be purchased from the school bookshop.
- Students must be in appropriate school attire whenever they are in school including Saturdays and holidays.
- Shirt/Blouse should be neatly tucked in at all times.
- Students cannot roll or fold up the sleeves.
- Culottes should cover the knees (for girls only).
are to be in full school uniform when reporting to school in the morning and
when leaving the school upon dismissal. Students are to be in full school
uniform for all lessons except for PE/OPE.
- School PE T-shirt/ OPE T-shirt can be worn with shorts/ pants/ culottes for morning assembly on days with PE lessons. Students must change to full school uniform after recess.
- Students must wear PE/ OPE attire during PE/OPE lessons. Students engaged in outdoor activities (eg CCA, games, public cleaning) must be in appropriate school attire.
- On Fridays, students may wear the current year’s school T-shirts* for the day, these include class T-shirts, CCA T-shirts, camp T-shirts. Students must still change to PE attire for PE lessons on Fridays.
sweaters worn in school must have the school emblem. See rule for school
* All school T-shirts must have the school emblem.
- Shoes and Socks
- Students are to wear white school shoes or predominantly white sports shoes in school.
- Socks must be visibly worn.
- Hair(Head and Face)
- For Girls:
- Hair that touches the collar or below must be tied up or braided.
- Fringe must be kept above the eyebrows.
- Hair must be of its natural colour and not tinted
- Eyebrows must not be trimmed or penciled over.
- For Boys:
- Hair must be short and smart. No outlandish hairstyles are allowed.
- Hair at the sides must not touch the ears, the back must not touch the shirt collar, and the fringe must be above the eyebrows.
- Hair must be of its natural colour and not tinted.
- Beard, moustache or long sideburns are not allowed.
- For Girls:
- For Girls:
- Only black hair clips, ribbons, hair bands or hair accessories are allowed.
- No bracelets, rings necklaces, chains, brooches or wristbands are to be worn with the school uniform.
- Only plain, simple gold, silver, black or blue ear studs can be worn.
- Only a pair of ear studs is permitted at any one time.
- No make-up is allowed when in school uniform.
- For Boys:
- No bracelets, rings, necklaces, chains or wristbands are to be worn with the school uniform.
- Boys are not allowed to wear earrings or ear studs.
- For Girls:
- Students must keep short, clean and unvarnished finger nails.
- Students should always come to school in clean uniform.
- Students should eat or drink only in the canteen.
- Students may consume food at stipulated times in the classrooms with permission.
- Students should return all used utensils to the respective canteen receptacles after eating. The canteen is out of bounds to all students during lessons.
- Students should keep the school grounds clean.
- Students are to keep the toilets clean.
- Morning Assembly
- All students must attend the Flag-raising and Pledge-taking ceremony in the morning.
- Students are to assemble at the parade square in a quiet and orderly manner for the Flag-raising ceremony.
- Students must stand at attention with their respective classes during the ceremony. Students who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Students will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Non-citizens will stand at attention.
- Attendance, Punctuality, Truancy & Absenteeism
- Attendance in school is compulsory.
- A medical certificate is required for absence from school.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school premises during school hours without permission.
- Any student who wishes to leave the school during school hours has to be accompanied by his/her parent who shall fill in and sign the ‘Leaving School Early’ Record Book in the General Office.
- All students must be punctual when reporting for school, class or any other school activity.
- Latecoming (before start of first lesson) - one period of detention
- Latecoming (after start of first lesson) – detention after school
- Use of Electronic Devices
- Students may bring electronic devices to school only if their parents/guardians have given them permission to do so and the devices are brought at their own risk. The school will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
- Mobile phones, electronic gadgets such as music players and games should not be used during curriculum hours.
- Students are not allowed to use their phones’ camera or video functions, or to access the internet during curriculum hours without the teachers’ permission.
- Students caught breaching the above rules will have their devices confiscated.
- Students should always be careful with their own personal items. Do not leave valuable items such as wallets, mobile phones and cameras unattended.
and body art (even stickers or non-permanent ink) are not allowed.
- Students are not allowed to be in the classroom during recess.
- Students should remain in the school premises after school hours only if they are engaged in an organised or approved activity.
- Students who cycle to
school are to wear proper headgear.
- All students are not
allowed to have any form of weapons in their possession. They are also not allowed to
bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm
10. Our Discipline Policy
Level 1 Offences
Level 2 Offences
Level 3 Offences
*Final decision will be at the school’s discretion.
Discipline actions may be taken by any of the parties below:
- Form/Subject teacher
- Discipline Committee
- External Organisations
Level 2 and 3 offences will recorded in the School Cockpit system.The student’s conduct grade will also be affected.
Students who commit Level 2 and 3 offences may not be considered for leadership positions, camps/overseas trips and school representation. They may also be removed from their positions or withdrawn from a programme/competition.