Every Vistarian a dynamic leader with the heart
The Student Leadership Committee is committed to:
i. Providing leadership training to all Vistarians
ii. Identifying students with leadership potential and developing them through further training and conferring a position of responsibility on them
iii. Providing platforms for student leaders to demonstrate leadership qualities
iv. Providing opportunities for Specialised League student leaders to be leadership mentors
We want all NV Student Leaders to…
1. Be responsible decision makers with a compassion for others
2. Be exemplary in their actions
3. Collaborate with others and build harmonious teams
4. Lead with humility, confidence and integrity
5. Envision goals and empower others
NV Student Leadership Opportunities
There are 3 groups of Student Leaders in North Vista – Prefectorial Board, CCA Leaders and Class Committee.
As the apex of the Student Leadership body, the NV Prefectorial Board spearheads the following:
- Management of morning duties
- Enhancement of student welfare (gathering student feedback)
- Organisation and support for school-wide events (e.g. NV Open House, Sec 1 Orientation)
- Spearheading self-initiated activities (e.g. VIA projects)
CCA leaders work closely with the teachers-in-charge and coaches to lead and motivate CCA members to work towards CCA goals.
Class CommitteeClass Committee members support Form teachers and Subject teachers in ensuring that the class is well-maintained in terms of order and discipline. They are also involved in the planning of class-based activities and also events such as Youth Day and Teachers’ Day.